This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Often times when someone is answering a question they want to avoid they simply reply with, “why?” I am here only to ask, “why not?”

Life is all about choices, risks, actions, and moments but, too many times one may not realize the liberating feeling of exiting their comfort zone. Why not explore new things? Why not make a DRASTIC change to your hair? (Hair grows back people, I promise!!)

Doesn’t it sound so great to live a little? The comfort zone may feel like home that is completely okay. Yet, we all need to grow in some way, shape or form. Exiting this place of comfort will expose you to bigger and better things. It has the ability to show you new friendships, relationships, interests, etc. Mold yourself into a better you by trying new things, going new places, eating that raw piece of fish you swore you would never dare put in your mouth.

Be spontaneous. Go on 2am drives with the people you love the most. You can sleep when you’re dead. This is not a blog about going crazy and losing your sanity. No, this is about living life to the fullest capacity that you can. By becoming more open minded to the unfamiliar you will see your life begin to grow in directions you didn’t even think were possible! Your smile will be brighter, your laugh will be louder. If you decide to ask yourself the question, “why not”, your eyes will open to a broader horizon to show you that there really is no reason why you shouldn’t wake up earlier to see more sunrises.

Appreciate the opportunities that are right under your nose. Take advantage of the opportunity to choose freely in how you spend your time. “Why?” is so boring. Get up and start living because life is too amazing to spend it with the familiar, the accustomed. Enjoy today. Live in the now. Be bold, be kind, and most importantly, be extraordinarily you. 

HCXO, 

Alyssa

Alyssa Turkovich

St Vincent '20

Hiya, I hate bios so just love life. Be yourself. Always smile. Stay happy. Stay healthy. Goodbye.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!