What to do in the Last Week of Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

It’s already the last week of classes for this school year.  Where did the time go?  This is the point where you have lots of papers and projects due before finals week.  So how do you prioritize and know what to do in order to be prepared for finals?  Here are several important things that you need to do in your last week of classes.

Start packing up your items

It’s always hard packing up your room at the end of the semester, who knew you had so many things?  Therefore, it’s always a good idea to slowly bring things home and begin packing early.  If you do this you will not only have a less packed car at the end of the semester, but you will be able to focus more on finals during finals week than packing.

Finish all papers and project due this week and due during finals week.

Even if a project or paper is due during finals week, do it now.  You do not want to have to work on a paper or project while trying to study for finals.

Get some sleep!

This week is the last time before finals where you can relax (somewhat).  Therefore, take full advantage of this time and get some extra sleep.  If you do this, then your body want be in too much pain when you spend late nights studying for finals.

Buy snacks

You cannot not concentrate when you’re hungry it’s a fact!  Therefore, buy some snacks this week for finals week.  This way you’ll be already for the weekend before finals and you can go isolate yourself in your favorite study spot.

Use up the rest of your flex

This is the point in the semester when you realize you have SO much flex left.  You don’t want it to go to waste!  So what do you do?  If you have an absurd amount left, start buying stuff for your friends or strangers.  If you only have some left, start buying snacks in preparation for finals week.

Take Friday off

You have the entire weekend before finals to study, and several days during finals week.  Thus, you should take Friday off in order to give yourself a nice rest before the impending doom of finals.  This will not only give you more energy to study the rest of the weekend, but it will also help motivate you to do things the last week of classes before finals week.

I am currently a senior with a major in chemistry and a minor in graphic design.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!