Watson Deserves a Standing Ovation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Emma Watson is the epitome of an empowered “girl boss.” Without Hermione Granger’s dazzling wit, Harry Potter would have never made it through his first year at Hogwarts. Charlie would forever remain a wallflower, forced to hold everything inside-but Sam was his guiding light, inspiring him to reach out and find love. The tormented beast would never have learned how to show compassion without Belle’s gentle spirit. Emma Watson has proved herself time, and time again that she is an incredible woman, capable of embodying powerful characters. Throughout her career, Emma has been revered for her inspirational quotes. Here are four times that Emma Watson deserved a standing ovation for being her amazing self.

Emma love, you continuously inspire women to take ahold of challenges and face them head-on. Thank you for sharing yourself with the world, and inspiring women to seek their best selves. 

HCXO, 

Marisa

Marisa Maicke

St Vincent '20

Marisa Maicke is a junior student at Saint Vincent College located in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. She is an Early Childhood Education Major (Certification to teach Pre-k-4th grade) with a Minor in Special Disabilities (with Certification). As a future elementary school teacher, Marisa's dream is to promote a legacy of kindness, understanding, curiosity, and unconditional love in her classroom.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!