This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Well, here we are yet again. Another year at Saint Vincent has almost went by. After my freshman year, I joked to everyone that I was going to become a neurologist for the pure entertainment of the eighteen (or something around there) years that I would have to be in school for. My freshman year went way too fast and now here I am, writing this as my sophomore year is almost over.

Just recently I got the email that makes it all real; the registration email. After skimming over it to find out what date I was to schedule, I had the epiphany of just how fast these past two years have flown by, and how much has changed. Besides the email, the other day at work I ran into two girls who I went to high school with. They were two years younger than me, but I played volleyball with them and we all became really close. Talking to them about what schools they were going too really had me shaken. It’s too hard to believe that just two short years ago I was in their position. I expressed to them that they needed to enjoy every single moment, and that I wish I could go back to where they are.

Don’t be mistaken, the only thing that I meant by taking their place was graduating and the summer that would unravel thereafter. (High school weren’t exactly the best four years of my life…) As for where I am now, I wouldn’t change it for the world. Even though so much has changed and I’ve lost many people around me whom I once thought to be life-long friends, at the end of the day I can look back on these past two years and see my own growth as a person. I can see how much I’ve changed. I can see how I made new friends and lost some both old and new.

College really is a time to grow. College is a time to find yourself. College is a time to go out of your comfort zone and reach new levels that maybe you never thought you would. I still have two years here at Saint Vincent, but these last two years I plan to savor until my very last day here. 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!