Superstar, Jessica Packard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Jessica Packard Major: Biology with a concentration in cell and molecular studies Year: junior Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA Birthday: August 21, 1997

Her Campus (HC): Hey there! We’re so excited to be interviewing you. At Her Campus, we want to make sure we can share all the awesome things about you to our readers. I’ve compiled some questions for you to answer, are you ready?

HC: What are you involved with on campus? Sports? Clubs?

Jessica Packard (JP): I love getting involved and meeting new people! I’m an active member of the cheerleading squad, orientation committee, Mr. SVC club, Campus Ministry, TriBeta Biological Honors Society, Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Society, and Alpha Chi Honors Society. I’m also starting a new club on campus known as, “Women in STEM” to promote the flourishing of women in such fields.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

JP: I love going on walks or jogs outside, especially in the fall! Saint Vincent is beautiful all year round, but there’s something about the fall that makes me want to be outside more often

HC: What is your favorite memory from SVC?

JP: My favorite memory, hands down, is meeting my current roommate. I met Leah over the summer during academic orientation before freshmen year. We instantly clicked! Although we weren’t roommates, we lived in the same pod right across the hall from one another. Since then, we’ve roomed together for two years and have taken a cruise to the Bahamas and went to Universal Studios. I never would have thought that I would meet one of my closest friends before school even started.

HC: Why did you choose your major and what would you like to do after graduation?

JP: I have always been interested in science. I love that science is always changing and there’s so much out there in the world that we don’t know! After graduation, I hope to attend graduate school to obtain my Ph.D. researching microorganisms, cancer, or muscle/bone regeneration. 

HC: What is an interesting fact about you?

JP: This summer, when I went to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios, I was chosen by the wand keeper at Olivanders to get “fitted” for a wand! Real tears were shed…

HC: What is your favorite thing about Saint Vincent?

JP: I love the overall community at Saint Vincent! The students and faculty are incredibly nice and down to Earth. I love that I can’t walk to class without saying hi or waving to at least one person. I love that no matter where you go, someone will always hold the door open for you. Everyone I have met has the absolute kindest souls and I can’t be more thankful for all of the friends I’ve made on campus. 

HC: What is your favorite fall activity? Why?

JP: Honestly, I just love cuddling up in a blanket and watching movies. The weather outside is finally cool enough that you can be wrapped up without going against any societal norms….

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

JP: Italy, hands down. No questions asked. If you couldn’t tell by the insane curly hair, I am almost completely Italian. I’ve recently found out, that I have long-lost family in Italy who is directly related to my great-grandfather. I think it would be an amazing opportunity to one day meet them and to just tour the beautiful country itself. 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!