Summer Trends You Must Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Summer is only a few (long) days away and besides finals, summer is on everyone’s minds. There are always new summer trends that are super fun but the summer 2016 trends are great! Here are a few of our favorite summer trends that you must try ASAP.

1. Cold Shoulder or Off-The-Shoulder Tops, Dresses, and Rompers

Whether you wear an off the shoulder or cold shoulder top, you are nailing this trend. This is one of our absolute favorite trends because they are the perfect addition to any outfit giving it an extra flare. We really like this one from Charlotte Russe, this one from Forever 21, and this one from American Eagle.

2. Stripes

Stripes are always in. You cannot go wrong with pairing stripes with any outfit. The blue, bold stripes like the one from Madewell are especially in this summer and you can find them virtually anywhere. We also like this one from Old Navy and this ruffle one from J. Crew.

3. Gingham

This pattern never gets old. We love that this pattern is in all different colors, shirts, dresses, pants, you name it. This one from Anthropologie is a little on the expensive side but it would be a great buy. These pants from Old Navy and this dress from Macy’s are both super cute too.

4. One Piece Swimsuits

These are not the one-piece suits that you are used to seeing. They are exceptionally scandalous and so cute. We are in love with these ones from Victoria’s Secret, Aerie, and Nordstrom.

5. Coordinating Outfit Sets

Coordinating sets of outfits are super in right now. Either with shorts like this one from Charlotte Russe or a skirt like this one from Lilly Pulitzer or LuLu’s, you are bound to make a cute statement. 

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio