alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Self-Discovery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Let me ask you something kinda crazy: do you really know yourself? Well if you don’t know or you’re not sure that’s the purpose of self-discovery. Self-discovery is simply about discovering who you really are and what better time to figure out who you are than right now. So how does one discover who they are? Well, you can use these five journal prompts to start out. 

1. What do I need more of in my life? 

· It could be something as simple as more time for myself 

· Spending time with friends 

· A positive attitude/positivity 

· Etc.

2. What are you grateful for? Try to list at least 5 things 

· Friends/ family 

· Hobbies 

· Health 

· Etc.  

3. What do I love most about myself? 

· Personality traits 

· Physical attributes 

· Etc. 

4. Who is the most important person in your life right now and why? 

· Could be a parent, sibling, teacher, coacher, advisor, friend etc.  

5. If you could share one message with the world, what would it be? 

· Inspirational quote 

· Piece of advice you received personally 

· Advice you’ve given to a friend 

· Etc.

Casey Kalp

St Vincent

Hi! I'm Casey Kalp, I'm an Integrated Science major with a dual minor in Psychology and Children's Studies at Saint Vincent College. I am apart of Alpha Phi Omega, Alpha Lambda Delta, SVC Orientation Team, Activities Programming Board, and I am also a Fred Roger's Scholar. I will be entering my sophomore year in the Fall of 2017 and plan on graduating from Saint Vincent in the year 2020. After that I will attend to Physical Therapy School where I will reach my ultimate career goal of becoming a pediatric physical therapist. In my free time I enjoy singing, writing, reading, and hanging out with friends. 
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!