This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Here’s how to discover the Burgh and plan a fun day out while on a budget – especially for those of you who don’t bleed Black and Gold or are not familiar with the area!

If you do not have access to a car to travel to the city then I recommend you and your homies split the Uber bill

(average fare to the burgh $72 + if you have a squad of 4 people then that’s only $18.00)

Once in Pittsburgh, Uber is super inexpensive, and most of the places, depending on where you’re at is in walking distance- and part of the fun!

If that doesn’t sound fun then there is always an option to rent a bike from one of the many bike rental kiosks in the city and travel that way through the city! If I were to recommend one of these places, I would strongly consider the Strip District because there is just so much to do and so much to see. But I organized a list of some of the few highlights of the area. Also, do not be afraid of driving into the city there are so many different ways to get there but I usually take Route 22 because it passes a ton of restaurants like the Burgatory in Murrysville, Starbucks, and Moes. Even Pittsburgh natives have anxiety and are afraid to drive Downtown, but as long as you follow a GPS you will probably be in the right vicinity, but they can be off sometimes. I hope you love our city as much as I do!

The North Shore

Strip District

• Pamelas Diner (only accepts cash but the best pancakes ever)

• Peace, Love and Little Donuts

• Bicycle Heaven- this incredible old warehouse turned into almost an art gallery and showcase for all kinds of bikes and a great place for pictures! You never know what you might find there!

• GRANDPA JOE’S CANDY SHOP- need I say more.

• The original Primanti Brothers!

• Also, while there, you have to go into one of the cute bohemian-latino shops for all kinds of things from the wooden bracelets (I collect these), to hats, dresses, backpacks, and so much more cultural styled fashion!)

• Pittsburgh gear that’s super inexpensive

Mattress Factory Museum

Randyland

Andy Warhol Museum

Carnegie Science Center

• Every third Sunday of the month ALL PITTSBURGH MUSEUMS ARE FREE ADMISSION

Oakland

University of Pittsburgh

• Cathedral of Learning- basically Hogwarts inside

• Nationality rooms- a collection of 30 classrooms

Schenley park donated by eclectic nationalities and ethnic groups which represent the people of Pittsburgh.

Southside

The Point

Phipps Conservatory

• A crazy beautiful botanical garden perfect to grow your insta feed for cute pics with a gorgeous background

Duquesne Incline

Fort Pitt Museum

• Free admission and experience some hidden history of Pittsburgh

Station Square

• Gateway clipper- download Groupon ASAP for $15 boat rides around the whole city.

Mount Washington

• Experience the free priceless view of the city and while you’re up there check out the Mount Washington restaurants.

Southside Works

• Urban Outfitters

• The Halloween Store

• Forever 21

• 412 (Pittsburgh Apparel)

• Cheesecake Factory – expensive but if you just go for dessert it’s not that bad!

• Southside Works Movie Theatre

• Aerie

• Sur La Table (similar to a pier imports)

• Bd’s Mongolian Grill- Highly recommend SO GOOD

• Claddagh Irish Pub & Restaurant

• Crazy Mocha Coffee Company

• Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh

• McCormick & Schmick’s

• Pita Pit

• Qdoba

• Sincerely Yogurt

Shadyside

• Pamelas Diner

• Francesca’s

• Amazing atmosphere

• So many cute shops and eateries

So good luck on your adventures and I can’t wait to hear about how much fun it is to bleed black and gold.

HCXO,

Alexandra

Hello there, bonita! Let me know what you think of my articles!