This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

These orange scones are the perfect summer sweet! They don’t take long to make and are always a hit wherever you take them. Try this orange scone recipe while enjoying the summer months away from school. 

Scone Ingredients:

-2 cups all-purpose flour

-1/3 cup sugar

-1 Tbsp baking powder

-1/2 teaspoon salt

-1 Tbsp orange zest of (about 1 large orange)

-1/2 cup cubed butter, keep butter cold

-1 large egg

-1/4 cup sour cream

-1/4 cup heavy cream

-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze ingredients:

-3 Tbsp of melted butter

-1 ½ cups of powdered sugar

-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

-2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice

-1 tsp orange zest (optional)

Steps:

1.     Combine all scone ingredients and mix together until smooth

2.     Roll out two separate sections of scone batter. The batter should be no less the one inch thick the whole way around

3.     Cut each separate scone sections in to six equal cuts (like you’re cutting a pizza)

4.     Before placing in oven make sure to apply a decent layer of heavy whipping cream to the tops of the scones so they brown nicely in the oven

5.     Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (until golden brown) at 375 degrees

6.     After the scones have cooled for about five minutes, apply the mixed glaze on top

7.     Let the glaze sit and cool for fifteen minutes before serving

Anna Sowinski is a freshman at Saint Vincent College with a major in Management and a future minor in Operational Excellence. She is a member of the Saint Vincent Dance Team, Women in Business, and many other things. You could probably catch her at Panera or Starbucks with the 20 minuets of free time she has a day. Lip gloss in hand she plans to take on the world. Follow her on Instagram @anna_sowinski.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio