This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

I remember this night like it was yesterday. We were sitting in my car in the parking lot of our high school, anticipating what our senior year had in store for us. We wondered if we would make homecoming court, and who would take us to prom. We tried to imagine ourselves in the white cap and gowns walking across the stage to get our diplomas. We also talked about where we thought we might go to college. You and I both knew we would never wind up at the same place, our personalities clearly reflected that. Nonetheless, I remember we were both upset at the thought of being far away from each other for long periods of time. We reassured ourselves that nothing could break our friendship that started in second grade, but in the back of our minds, I knew we both wondered if college would do just that.

Freshman year of college wasn’t easy for either of us. We both were getting used to being on our own, going to classes, and having to study 24/7. I remember you moved into Robert Morris University a week or so before I moved into Saint Vincent, because you had cheerleading. I was so nervous and excited for you! Even though I couldn’t be with you, I remember cheering you on silently as I watched your snapchats and Instagram posts. Then it was my turn to move in, and that weekend was overwhelming to say in the least. Welcome weekend reminded me how much I missed the familiarity of being home, especially the familiarity of having you, right down the street, for when things got tough. It’s like you knew something was wrong, because you face-timed me when I was having one of the worst days. We talked for hours, and then we went weeks without talking. Weirdly enough, this is one of the best parts of our friendship. Neither of us are high maintenance; we both understand how hectic life can be, and that we can’t always communicate everyday, or every week for that matter. No matter how long we go without talking to each other, we never have trouble picking up right where we left off.

By sophomore year of college, we were basically experts at the whole “my best friend goes to a different school” thing. We talked when we could, we hung out when we were both home for breaks, and we hung out over the summer on our days off.

Now we are both juniors and all I can think about is how fast time flies! We have been friends for thirteen years now, which is pretty amazing if you ask me. I want you to know how much fun it is to grow up with you, and how proud I am to call you my best friend! We are completely different people than we were that night, sitting in the parking lot of the high school before senior year, but we still have the same care for each other. I consider you a part of my family and no matter where life takes us, this will never change. If our friendship can survive us going away to college, I’m convinced it can survive adulthood. I hope that everyone gets to experience the kind of friendship we have because it is one of the best things God has given me. I MISS YOU AND CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

Lover of coffee, books, and adventures. (how basic can I get)
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!