This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Do you feel the slight chill in the air? Do you feel the urge to reach for your jacket or jeans and become disappointed because they feel so “last season?” I know it’s a cliche, but, in the fashion industry, popular styles tend to come and go like the season. Despite this fact, I think that some of these trends will be great transition pieces into the winter as well as even stay popular come next fall. For this fall season, I’ve rounded up five trends that have graced the runways and will soon be all over Instagram, Twitter, and many clothing websites:

1. Teddy Coats: Teddy coats are the coziest looking jacket right now, and they look just as cute. I’ve noticed them in a variety of colors, but particularly, more browns. They’ll pair adorably with a plaid skirt, turtleneck, and ankle booties.

This is from Forever 21, and it’s $58.00

2. Flare Pants: Yes, flare plants are very 1970s, however, the retro look is very in-style right now. Not only is it fashionable, it also makes your legs look slim and long due to the shape. Pair these pants with a poncho wrap, heeled boots, and a floppy hat for a trendy, bohemian look.

These are from American Eagle, and they’re $49.95.

3. Plaid: The ultimate fall staple that never seems to go out-of-style. You may be thinking of cozy flannels, but plaid skirts and pants are very in-style right now. Not only that, they look adorable and chic paired with neutrals like cream, brown, and black.

This flannel is from The Gap, and it’s $44.00

4. Professional accents: You may be scratching your head at this one, but blazers, sleek pants, and belts are everywhere. Lately, Blake Lively has been all over red carpets in her beautifully tailored suits, and you can have a similar look — just not as formal. For a more casual take, pair a blazer with ripped boyfriend jeans or tailored pants with a graphic tee and a jean jacket. The sky’s the limit with this trend.

This is from Forever 21, and it’s $34.90.

5. Block heels: I’m sure when you saw the word “heels,” you immediately said no. Seriously, block heels are so comfortable! I wore them all day walking to and from my classes, and my feet did not hurt very much at all. For this fall though, block heeled booties are the way to go. You look so chic, yet feel so comfortable. Pair these with a dress, sweater and jeans, or skirt, graphic tee, and duster coat. Again, these work well with just about anything.

These are from Old Navy, and they’re $44.99.

HCXO and Happy Shopping!

Marisa

Marisa Metropoulos

St Vincent '22

I am a freshman at Saint Vincent College, majoring in Early Childhood Education. I absolutely love fashion, music, health and wellness, my faith, and traveling. Follow me on Instagram: @marisametropoulos and Twitter: @mametro34