This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

I might be a little biased, but my sister is definitely “#1 Sister” material. Not only is she smart, strong, successful, driven, beautiful, and caring, she is also the best big sister a girl could ask for. 

Now, I’m not going to pretend we always got along…we shared a room so we obviously fought a lot while growing up. I’m also not going to pretend that we don’t butt heads now either, but it never takes us more than fifteen minutes to get over it. 

Although I might not have realized it growing up, my sister is such a blessing. She impacts my life in ways she probably doesn’t even realize. 

She has taught me so much throughout life, such as mistakes do not define who you are, but instead help you to grow into who you are meant to be. She taught me how to rise up from mistakes gracefully. Through strength, patience, and hard work, it is possible to overcome any obstacle in life. 

She encourages me every day to be more than I can be. She believes in me when I don’t believe in myself. She is constantly trying to help me succeed in every way she can. 

She is the person I can always go to. It is amazing knowing that she is always on my side, that she always has my best interest at heart, that she is genuinely happy for my accomplishments and good fortunes, and that I have her to laugh with and cry with and everything in between. It is amazing knowing I have her to go through life with, a forever friend. 

There truly is no greater gift than having a sister double as a best friend. Thank you for being the best sister a girl could have, Katelyn. I can’t begin to imagine what my life would be like without you in it. 

HCXO,

Becca

Saint Vincent College 2020 // Accounting Major x Forensic Studies Minor  Hi there! I'm so glad you made it to my page! My name is Becca - I am apart of the writing and marketing team for Her Campus' Saint Vincent chapter. I love food, german shepherds and finding new places in nature to do yoga. I hope to travel from country to country someday and continue to empower women after graduating. "Always be kinder than you feel" Follow my insta - @beccaamaione to keep in touch!