This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

I see you.

I see the way that you compare yourself to other people every day.

But let me tell you a little secret, you are perfect just the way you are even with your flaws and imperfections. I know that all this probably seems way too cliché.

What your mother told you all those years ago as a little girl is actually the truth!

Your Happiness is Yours Alone

No one can determine the happiness in your life except yourself. In your heart you are the only person that knows what is best to stay in your life, and what is toxic that needs to be cut off.

Don’t be afraid to put your needs first for once.

Sometimes there will be days that you need all to yourself. Being alone for a little while doesn’t mean that you are somehow “antisocial.” It just means that you are human and need a break once in a while. Maybe it’s even possible that you need perspective on a situation.

Embrace your own unique image

Despite the ideals about body shape that are thrown at us everyday, there isn’t only one true beauty. Our body’s take many different shapes and sizes which is what makes us beautiful in our own sense of the word. Overall it isn’t practical to follow one set of beauty ideals, rather we create our own beauty through our passions and style.

Lift up your accomplishments

Be proud of yourself for everything that you have overcome so far in your life. You are pursuing what you love and want to share it with the world. It won’t make it seem like your bragging if you want to share your life with others. If it does bother someone else that you want to share your love and hope with them, then they are poorly misguided and need to read this article. ;)

Remember it is never too late to change the future

Sometimes we can get caught up in the here and now, and feel like there is no going back. However, there is always a chance to follow a different path in your life! We can make a difference in tomorrow in the way that we follow our dreams today. Never forget that you are apart of something much larger than what the world can see.

No matter what you follow in this life, make sure that you understand how important you truly are. A masterpiece placed on this earth for a real purpose and path to follow. Find your happiness despite the views of others, and always stay true to yourself!

HCXO,

Allie

Allie Richter

St Vincent '20

Just taking this life day by day. Staying positive and making the most out of what has been placed in this life. Growl Meow • SVC’20 Math Ed Major Special Ed Minor Emotional Supporter