Meet One of Our Campus Correspondents, Juli Cehula

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Juli Cehula

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Uniontown, Pennsylvania

Her Campus (HC): What are you involved with on campus?

Juli Cehula (JC): “I love being involved! Here at Saint Vincent I am a member of the Psychology Club, Active Minds, Spanish Club, and Outdoor Club. In addition to those, I am also a part of the Saint Vincent Women’s Lacrosse team! Her Campus definitely ranks as my favorite involvement though. ;)”

HC: Why did you join Her Campus St. Vincent and then want to become a campus correspondent?

JC: “I joined Her Campus for several reasons. Not only do I love to write, but I think women empowerment is very important. It is always nice to read a humorous article, get some advice from others, and stay up to date with what’s trending. I am so lucky to be Co Campus Correspondent with Kaura this semester to learn great leadership skills for when I will be the Campus Correspondent (boo Kaura don’t graduate!!) but I also think I have some great things to add to our chapter that I hope to be showing you all soon!”

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

JC: “In my spare time I love to kayak, hang out with my friends, go to the city (Pittsburgh) and just relax! I don’t have too much spare time but I try my best to enjoy it while I can!”

HC: Do you have any advice for the new freshmen?

JC: “Freshman year is going to be what you make of it. If you don’t get involved, and put yourself outside of your comfort zone (even if it’s just a little), I’m pretty sure you’ll be disappointed. Explore different areas of interest, be an active member on campus, but more importantly be you!”

HC: What is your favorite store(s) to shop in?

JC: “I love to shop! I definitely always go for a classic, simple look. I tend to shop at J. Crew, Vineyard Vines, and Banana Republic!”

HC: If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move?

JC: “I really haven’t traveled much outside of the country. However, I’ll be going to Rome, Italy in the spring which is going to be awesome! If I would have to pack up and leave tomorrow, I think I would pick Paris, France! It’s supposedly a beautiful city, with great fashion and good food, plus some romance. Really, what more could a girl want?”

HC: What is your favorite movie, show or both?

JC: “It’s too hard to pick!! I really enjoy watching Parenthood, Private Practice, and Grey’s Anatomy. Movie wise, my favorite is Fever Pitch. That’s not one you hear often I’m sure, but it’s super cute and fun!”

HC: What is your favorite season?

JC: “Fall is 100% my favorite season!! The fashion is great, pumpkin everything, and I get to be at my favorite place, Saint Vincent!”

HC: Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks?

JC: “Right next to my O. Chem test questions, this is definitely one of the hardest. I’m going to have to go with Starbucks just because of the variety, but I’d rank them both #1, and so would my wallet.”

HC: What is your favorite color?

JC: “Teal! I think it’s bright and welcoming!”

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio