absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make Your Own Dorm Breakfast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and sometimes I have breakfast foods for lunch or dinner! If you don’t want to wake up early to go to the cafe before class, here are some simple, healthy breakfasts you can make in your dorm room! All of these ideas are totally customizable which is important so you don’t get bored eating the same foods. The ingredients for these breakfast ideas are also affordable for all of us “financially unstable” learners.

Toast 

-Top with your favorite fruit, avocado, or something that will give it the extra flavor you desire.

Eggs 

-You can make scrambled eggs in the microwave in seconds! Make them extra tasty by sprinkling some cheese or even add hot sauce to spice it up. 

Oatmeal 

-Oats are filling and keep you going on a long day. Plus, they’re super heart healthy! 

Smoothies 

-Super refreshing and easy to take with you! 

Yogurt 

-Take yogurt on the go or to class on days you’re rushing. This is easily attainable in the shack as well. Remember to always check their cooler when you have a busy day. 

Granola or Muesli 

-A good alternative if you are not an oatmeal fan! If you want to be extra creative with your granola, add some peanut butter, too!

Apples and nut butter 

The perfect combo ever and great for a healthy snack too! 

Overnight oats 

-If you don’t have microwave oats, let some oats soak overnight for another on the go meal! Overnight oats are also good for a post workout meal that won’t make you feel heavy after chowing down.

Rice cake 

-Top your rice cakes with anything you like! The combinations are endless. 

Chia pudding 

-Another yummy breakfast you can prep the night before! 

Don’t skip breakfast. Instead, try one of these simple dorm made breakfasts. You’ll be set with more energy to get you through these long days!

Want to show us how you customize your dorm breakfast? Use #HCSVCDormBreakfast on instagram!

HCXO, 

Marley

- Hi I'm Marley! - I love adventures, creating, photography, and anything outdoors! - Connect with me on Insta so we can heart each other! @marley.sue
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!