gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

We all want to find that person that gives us the feeling we’ve wanted our whole life. Love. Some people can find this person easily, others must search and sometimes become broken during the journey. In this article I wanted to take a moment and recognize those girls who keep trying to find the person but keep getting heart broken.

I know what it is like, to try and give someone every little part of you. It’s hard when you are the one who has to give more than the other. The question is… Why does this keep happening? I want to make it clear that it is NOT YOU. It may seem like it is your fault and what you want becomes the one who doesn’t want you. You have to notice that it may not be your time, and that person is not destined to be THE ONE.

In my own personal experience, this is something I am struggling with. All I want is to find the one who will own my heart forever. With that, I need to have patience because I want to have that perfect person, but maybe it is not time. The most important factor is to be true to yourself and give people all the love you can. It may become scary but love always is. You will learn that giving your all to people may become exhausting, but you need to look at the bigger picture. If you give people all the care and love in your heart now just imagine what you’ll do when you can give that one person that FOREVER.

When I find myself thinking about all of this, it really does hurt. I know that I will find it and eventually things will fall into place. I have been tested before and I have questioned my own worth due to this, but I have found what helps when the thoughts set in. You have to be confident in the plan that is made for you. Everyone you meet will teach you something and sometimes it is not what we want to hear or experience. Honestly? I would put myself through every bad relationship again if I knew the next guy would be the one I would love forever.

Do not feel like you will never find your person because it is coming. As long as you continue to be your true self and love with your heart, the heart breaks are almost over. Positivity is the only way to keep moving and believing that time will come soon.

Keep your head up and your heart strong.

HCXO,

Nicolette Belasco

Nicolette Belasco

St Vincent '22

Freshman Communication Major at Saint Vincent College "Everything happens for a reason."