Jamie Kensinger: Residence Hall Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Jamie Kensinger

College Attended: Geneva College

Degree(s): Undergrad: Communications and Public Relations with a minor in Writing

Masters: Higher Education

Hometown: Martinsburg, PA 

Her Campus (HC): What is your favorite spot on campus?

Jamie Kensinger (JK): Sebastian’s Garden, I just like that it’s a tranquil spot that’s not overcrowded.  It’s a place that’s a symbol of what the campus is all about: bringing the college and the monastery together.

(HC): What is your favorite thing about Saint Vincent?

(JK): The community.  I always liked faith-based institutions and I think that Saint Vincent does it very well.

(HC): What do you do when you’re not at Saint Vincent?

(JK): I volunteer at an animal shelter and visit family.  I run my new independent consultant business for Perfectly Posh.  I also write when I can get to a coffee shop.

(HC): What is your favorite animal?

(JK): Panda. They’re just cute and I want to hug them!

(HC): What is your favorite local coffee shop?

(JK): Coffee Bean Café.  

(HC): What is your favorite store or clothing brand?

(JK): I love shopping.  I like going to Target, but I like getting my clothes from different places; everywhere!

(HC): What is your favorite season?

(JK): Fall!  It’s nice and cool and I like the colors!

(HC): If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move?

(JK):  New Zealand so I can go to the habitant tour anytime I want. I’d want to take my family with me.

(HC): Do you have any advice for college students?

(JK): Enjoy the time that you have in college while making good decisions because this is the only time that you’re actually going to live in a large community of just your peers where you have access to everything that you need; academics, wellness, career advice, etc.

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!