This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

A break is a break- no matter how you spend it. It’s not always what you’re doing, but more of whom you spend that time with, whether it’s family or friends. For as much time as we spend with our electronic devices in hand, sometimes you simply need to put the phone down (and even that can feel like a break!) and enjoy life.

Spring break came in late February into March at St. Vincent this year and many students headed all over the United States and the world during the week off from school. Over spring break, Olivia Cerniglia and Aubrey Marquis, Her Campus St. Vincent contributors, spent a few days soaking up the sun in Florida. The weather was beautiful with temperatures hovering around 75 degrees. Some days were cloudier than others, but, luckily, the rain stayed away. After having an amazing trip, the realization that there are a few ways to make the most out of Spring break or any trip for that matter.

Take a Best Friend

Something on everyone’s bucket list is traveling with your best friend. And if it isn’t, you should add it. Traveling somewhere new with a BFF creates special moments and a bond like no other. They say you make some of you best friends in college so why not go on new adventures with them?

Ditch the Itinerary

Without an itinerary, spontaneously planning each day seemed like a new adventure every morning. Normally, being in school, it would be so hard to survive without a plan, leave them at home!

Attend a Sports Event

Some of St. Vincent’s athletic teams were also in Florida for spring break, and attending a game or two would make for the perfect activity. Unfortunately, the games were in different areas in the state, so opting for something closer was easier. 

Phoneless Workout

Leaving your phone inside and heading outdoors to workout is the perfect morning escape. A small ounce of freedom is felt when you are phoneless. Whether you are at home or at the beach, you can add a little workout to start your day.

Capture the Moment

Pictures capture moments in time and capture visual memories. Candid photos are a favorite, because they look “cute” or “Pinterest-like”, but also because candid photos are raw, and in the moment. Taking pictures and recording small videos on Snapchat is definitely fun- who doesn’t love a cool geotag? (Btw SVC totally needs one!)

Go Shopping

What would be a vacation if you do not shop for souvenirs to bring home? Going shopping is the perfect time to explore where you are vacationing and look at all the cute shops and boutiques nearby.

Read

Reading: Ransom Seaborn by Bill Deasy

Suggested for any college student!

Spending time relaxing with a good book is sometimes just the thing you need when you are in college. Relaxing in the warm sun with a book and Starbucks in hand can be so peaceful.

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.”

~ St. Augustine

Olivia Cerniglia is a sophomore at Saint Vincent College with a major in Communication and minor in Marketing. She is the Promotions & Events Director for MadComm. Olivia is a member of Benedictine Leadership Studies, Residence Life, Alpha Lambda Delta, and Women in Business. When she is not watching Scandal on Netflix (and dreaming of working as a White House Correspondent or filling the shoes of Olivia Pope), you can find her at the coffee shop with a good book. Follow her on Instagram @ocerniglia.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio