Her Campus Graduate: Randi Senchur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Randi Senchur 

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus (HC): Knowing that you are a senior, how does it feel to be graduating?

Randi Senchur (RS): “It’s bittersweet. I’m a little nervous to be entering the “real” world. But I’m excited for what the future has in store!” 

HC: Do you have any advice for underclassmen?

RS: “The best advice I can give to underclassmen is to not worry so much and to enjoy your time as a student. Stay busy by getting involved. Oh and keep a planner :).” 

HC: What have you been involved with (clubs and activities) on campus?

RS: “I was a cheerleader at Saint Vincent all 4 years and was the captain for 2 years. I also was the Events and Promotions officer for MAD COMM, and I do the social media for Her Campus!” 

HC: How long have you been a cheerleader? How does it feel to be done forever?

RS: “I just completed my 16th year as a cheerleader! It hasn’t quite hit me yet that I’m done forever, but I know I’m going to miss it. I met some of my best friends at SVC through cheerleading and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made!”

HC: What is your favorite color?

RS: “I love anything that is Tiffany blue or purple!”

HC: If you could live somewhere in the whole world where would you live?

RS: “Hilton Head Island, SC. It’s one of my favorite places.” 

HC: Why did you join Her Campus St. Vincent?

RS: “I’ve been following Her Campus on social media for a while and always enjoyed reading the articles. When I saw that Kaura was starting one for St. Vincent, I knew I had to find a way to be involved.” 

HC: What are you going to be doing now that you are a soon-to-be college graduate?

RS: “The day after graduation I leave for vacation in Hilton Head so I’m really looking forward to that. I also have accepted a job in health care recruiting.” 

HC: What is your favorite memory from SVC?

RS: “I think my favorite memories are just all of the times I had hanging out with my friends. Even if we were doing nothing but watching TV. I met some of the best people in college and know the friendships will last a lifetime.” 

HC: What is your favorite store to shop in?

RS: “I’m obsessed with Loft!” 

HC: What is one thing you wish you did but did not do while in college?

RS: “I wish I would have gotten more involved with clubs earlier on.” 

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

RS: “I think personality is key. I look for someone that is nice, thoughtful, fun to be around and can make me laugh. At the end of a bad day, if the person you’re with can’t make you smile or laugh, I think you’re with the wrong person.”

HC: Why did you choose to come to SVC?

RS: “Saint Vincent is only about 45 minutes from my house. It was far enough away but close enough at the same time. During my visits I met with professors that made me feel so welcomed! Another perk was that my best friend Lauren came here too! It has been so fun to experience college together!”

HC: What made you choose the major you did?

RS: “I’m a communication major and originally I wanted to go into broadcast journalism. After a few classes I realized that I was more interested in public relations and marketing so I chose to concentrate in those areas.”

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio