Grace Alverson

Grace Alverson

Major: Communication with Graphic Design Minor

Year: Junior

Birthday: March 3

HC (HerCampus): What are you involved with on campus?

GA (Grace Alverson): I’m a part of The Company, APB, and I recently joined the Tech Theater Club!

HC: What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

GA: I really enjoy walking around campus either by myself, with my boyfriend, or with friends. The sunsets are very beautiful from campus so I like going on walks during the early evening.

HC: What is your favorite memory from SVC?

GA: There are a lot of amazing memories that I have here, but one of them was from a late summer night two summers ago when I worked at the box office at Saint Vincent Summer Theatre when my friends and co-workers and I were hanging out. We were just talking and making jokes throughout the night and it was a moment that really brought our friendship together.

HC: Why did you choose your major and what would you like to do after graduation? 

GA: I’ve always enjoyed watching the news and have been fascinated with it throughout my life. A few years ago, my mom’s best friend showed my parents and I the pilot episode of HBO’s The Newsroom and after watching the episode, I immediately got hooked with wanting to be involved with the news or being a part of the communications world. My plans after I graduate from SVC would be pursuing a career in PR because there’s a variety of things to do with it. I enjoy talking to people, expressing my artistic side through digital media, and I know how to remain calm during hectic situations. After having a summer internship at my school district back home in the Department of Communications, I enjoyed learning about PR and working with my wonderful boss who took me under her wing. If I don’t pursue PR, I’m just open to anything that I think is best for me and I hope that people will enjoy my work.

HC: What is an interesting fact about you? 

GA: I’m adopted from China!  

HC: With Halloween coming up, do you have any cool costume ideas in store?

GA: I’m not sure yet but I’m sure I’ll figure something out.

HC: Speaking of holidays, what is your favorite one? Why?

GA: I love Christmas because I get to see my family and relatives who live far away and who come home for the holidays. Plus, everything feels magical around that time and it makes me happy.