Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Grab Your Girls: It’s Galentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

February.  It’s cold, dark, and your spring semester is dragging.  To top it all off, you’re single and so not ready to mingle, but Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.

Honestly, is there any unattached girl out there who actually likes Valentine’s Day?  It’s pretty hard to when you’re surrounded my couples…Am I right?

Ladies, let’s get out of that slump!  2018 will be the year of WOMEN, and what better way to celebrate our awesomeness than with our best girl friends?  Forget Valentine’s Day, and mark your calendars for February 13th because it’s Galentine’s Day!  

Galentine’s Day is an unofficial holiday for ladies celebrating ladies.  Um, that sounds like the best holiday ever, especially because of the most important rule: NO BOYS ALLOWED.  That might sound like a sign belonging on a middle school tree house, but it’s the real deal for Galentine’s Day.  Every girl out there could use at least one day without boys, and that day will be the perfect way to brighten up those dreary February blues. 

When it comes to Galentine’s Day, the possibilities are endless.  Whether you and your girls want to hit up a bar or cozy up for a night in (slumber party like the old days anyone?  Pillow fights, makeovers, and chick flicks included, of course!), it’s sure to be a great time.  If you need any ideas, Google and Pinterest are always there for you, not to mention Parks and Recreation’s Leslie Knope, the Galentine’s Day Queen. 

You won’t be single forever, so make the most of it!

Class of 2020 Spanish & Communication
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!