Gina Johnston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Gina Johnston

Gina, we are so excited to have our readers learn more about you! Thanks for taking the time to interview with us today.

Her Campus (HC): Why did you choose your major?

Gina Johnston (GJ): I loved my English classes all throughout high school because of some really awesome teachers. I really hope to have an impact on my students the way that my English teachers impacted me.

(HC): That’s great! I know you’re going to do awesome. We all know that school can be tough sometimes, what’s your biggest motivation?

(GJ): I’m really close to my family, so I just strive to impress them. My parents are my biggest motivators. They’ve worked hard their entire lives to be able to send me to college, and I want them to be proud of me.

(HC): So sweet. What is a piece of advice you could give to a high school senior trying to decide on a college?

(GJ): Go where your heart sends you. Many students look for the college with the best parties or the biggest name, but you really just have to go to a place where you feel like you’re at home.

(HC): I am so happy that I chose Saint Vincent! What’s been your greatest memory of college so far?

(GJ): I’ve had so many great memories here that it’s hard to pick just one. I’d have to say my first rugby practice here at SVC. I’ve met so many wonderful girls through rugby.

(HC): That’s really great, Gina. What’re some of the clubs you are involved in at SVC?

(GJ): I’m involved in APO, cheerleading and rugby. Joining rugby was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made.

(HC): Cool! What’s one fun fact about yourself that a lot of people don’t know?

(GJ): I’ve been a vegetarian for seven years.

(HC): Wow! That’s great. I am happy you shared that. Okay, last question. What are you most excited for this spring semester?

(GJ): I’m excited to continue making memories here at SVC and handling everything the world has to throw at me!

Thanks for sharing with us today, Gina! HCXO. 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!