This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Every year, Saint Vincent takes time to dedicate a week to remember Fred Rogers. The week was named “Fred Fest” and was focused around Fred Rogers’ birthday! Fred Rogers was born on March 20th and the week of Fred Fest, this year, took place during the week of March 14-19.

Each day a different event occurs to show the honor and pride SVC has for the late Mister Rogers. Mister Rogers would have been 88 years old this year.

On Monday, March 14th, “Fred Fest” kicked off with the creator of the YouTube sensation Kid President, Brad Montague. Mr. Montague came and gave a phenomenal presentation to the student body. He is part of the SoulPancake YouTube channel, GO!, and many other volunteer events across the country. His passion and dedication to the way Mister Rogers taught and spoke filtered through the air as he made jokes and spread heartfelt messages. The presentation left numerous audience members in tears from laughter and emotion. Saint Vincent even got a special message from Kid President himself!

From the start, Brad’s presentation encompassed how creative he truly was.

Sometimes, Brad got a little random with his speech, but always kept it fun and interesting!

Brad ended by referring back to Mister Rogers and what an impact he’s made on not only his life, but many others as well.

The presentation was wonderful and Got amazing feedback. Brad Montague was a great way to begin the Fred Rogers celebration week! 

You can watch Kid President videos here!
Aubrey Marquis is a freshman at Saint Vincent College. Her major is in Communication and an intended minor of either spanish or math. She is Vice President of her class in Saint Vincent's Student Government Association and is an active member of MADComm. Aubrey has worked as a gymnastics coach at Willow Tree Gymnastics for 4 years and enjoys spending time with kids. When she's not working, Aubrey can be found either in the gym, hanging out with friends, or studying for class. She doesn't have a dream job in mind, but plans to go wherever her work takes her! Follow her on instagram and twitter @aubsx3x3
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio