This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Flowers have a bunch of different meanings. They can display grievance, love, sympathy, or even friendship. They are one of the most inexpensive gifts but their value is irreplaceable. If you’re looking to give a “just because” gift, follow this guide so the flower you get says exactly what you were trying to.

1. If you’re trying to say… “thanks for being my friend”

The yellow rose is the statement of friendship and new beginnings. The color represents the brightness and hope for continued success in your relationship.

1. If you’re trying to say… “I love you with all of my heart”

The color red is deep and passionate. This red rose can remind those you love just how much you do, or even spark a newfound passion for your significant other.

1. If you’re trying to say… “I really care about you and what you’re going through”

The pink tulip is a beautiful flower for all occasions. The color is bright and open. If you need to show someone you care, a pink tulip can say it well.

1. If you’re trying to say… “I understand that you are suffering, please let me be there for you.”

Even those beautiful Peony flowers can be used for many statements, the idea of healing works well. This flower is a beautiful color and can really brighten the day of someone who is hurting.

1. If you’re trying to say…”Thanks for letting me be a part of your life.”

The sunflower, a flower of adoration, is a beautiful gift. It shows the warmth of your heart and how much you care about someone.

No matter what the occasion, there’s always a flower to say just what you need to. Go to your local market, and check out the selection. There are also many florist online and in towns that would be happy to help you make the perfect selection for any occasion. 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!