Five Girlfriend Types You Will Find in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

You need your girls. Watch Taylor Swifts “Bad Blood” music video and then try to tell me that girl power and friendship is not important. Here are five types of friends every girl will find to get them through every good time, party, struggle, crisis, and homework assignment that you will experience in your college life. 

1. The Little and Fierce

You know that Shakespeare quote, “And although she be but little, she is fierce?” We all know one of those girls. She is probably five foot two and barely one hundred pounds yet mess with her and she will give you an earful. However, she is also one of the sweetest most giving people you will ever meet. You can go to her for everything. She will stop what she is doing and is always making sure you have a good day. Her big heart gives her so much passion that she uses to better others. If more people were like her, the world would be a better place. 

2. The Smart and Sassy

She is just a genius. She is hilarious and witty and without her, life would be so incredibly boring. She is humble. She lets her hard work and dedication speak for itself. She is also never satisfied. This girl pushes everyone to work harder and reach his or her full potential. She makes everyone around her want to be a better person and her huge heart allows her to be independent and caring and always striving to reach her goals. 

3. Beautiful Chaos

You know that girl that makes every guy’s head turn when she walks into the room? She is flawless. Yet, on the outside all you see is this pretty face. There is just so much more to her. She is the strongest girl you know. Life has given her a lot to handle yet she rolls with the punches and leans on the people she loves and her faith when the world tries to bring her down. Because of her, her loved ones are stronger and learn to care less about what other people think and just live their lives to the fullest. 

4. The Strong and Independent

College educated, she graduated and she is not stopping there. This girl may be a million miles away from her true home and from a girl who loves being near her family, we can all give her huge props for always being so strong. She wears the red lipstick and she does whatever it takes to make her goals come true. We understand that life gets busy but when we reunite, we pick up right where we left off. 

5. Unpredictable

There is so much more this girl. She is incredibly independent and strong hearted. When she compliments you, do not take it lightly because it is truly meant and does not happen often. Her head is held high in her goals and she is going to accomplish very big things in her future because she will do whatever it takes to succeed. She also loves to have fun and has teaches other to be thankful, work hard, and party harder. You are only in each part of your life once.

Hey! I am Alexis Satterfield and I am an accounting major at Saint Vincent College! I am a self proclaimed professional shopper who loves the little things in life. I love my dogs, sales, just about every food in the world, and running is my favorite escape. I believe in hard work leading to success and the nice guy finishing first. This year is my last year at St. Vincent College and I am very excited to have Her Campus beginning to make an impact here at SVC! 
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio