This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Things I have learned about Saint Vincent College in my first month: 

1. The Shack fry addiction is real.

2. Getting to know faculty and staff is always a good idea. 

3. Asking for help is one of the smartest things you can do.

4. Water bottle filling stations are one of greatest inventions of our time. 

5. At times, finding an empty washing machine feels like a major victory.  

6. The counselors are there for a reason, and they are fantastic at what they do. 

7. Exploring campus is a fun way to spend an afternoon.  

8. You will get into the habit of holding doors for people if you were not before. 

9. Getting ahead when you have free time is the best thing you can do for yourself.  

10. There are so many places to study outside of your dorm and the library. 

11. It is true. This place really does become home.

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!