Fall Has Got Us Feelin’ Some Type of Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

10 Reasons Why Fall Has Got Us Feeling Some Type of Way

It’s almost that time of year again! You know, that magical time filled with crisp air, bon-fires, chunky sweaters, tall boots, pumpkin-spice lattes and it’s all almost too much to handle! Here’s 10 reasons why Fall never fails to steal our hearts.

1. The Never-Ending Outdoor Activities 

From apple picking, fall-fests, to even bonfires… there are endless opportunities to get outside and enjoy the season! Ah, I can literally feel the memories about to made. 

2. The Fashion

Ummm… did someone just say oversized cable knit sweater, because YASSS. I don’t know about you, but I’m pumped for the fall fashion to be back. Not only is it cute, but it’s com-for-ta-ble. Bring on the fall!

3. Two words… Pumpkin. Everything.

Fall is both a blessing and a curse for my wallet. This is mainly due to the fact that PSL’s are back at Starbs. But, let me tell you … I’m a sucker for all things pumpkin (Especially when spiced).

4. The Beauty of Nature 

I love how everything changes color this time of year. It’s so serene and calming. For me, it’s virtually impossible to have a bad day during this season with so much beauty around me. Get outside and appreciate all that is nature around us! 

5. Football. Football. Football.

College football has officially kicked off and it’s time for us all to start representing our home teams! Go out and get yourself a sweatshirt so you can rep your school pride too alongside some great friends!

6. Cute Movies

Autumn in New York. Good Will Hunting. When Harry Met Sally. You’ve Got Mail. And literally like all the Halloweentown movies. Enough said.

7. The Sweet Scent of Fall

Don’t you just love how everything seems to just naturally smell like apples, cinnamon, sugar, spices, and pumpkin?

8. Thanksgiving

Turkey. Stuffing. Cranberries. Rolls. The family, food, and good times are surely enough to make your girl feel warm and fuzzy on the inside! Don’t forget to make a list of things you’re thankful for this year to make the holiday extra special! 

9. Planning for Halloween

It’s never too early to start planning for Halloween! Think of all the designs you want to carve on your pumpkins and recipes you want to bake that require pumpkin! And don’t forget to plan your costume! I don’t know about you, but last year I literally went as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The traditional costume is always adorable but never hesitate to have fun and show off your funny side!

10. Long Drives

There’s something about long drives during the fall. With all the fallen leaves everywhere and slightly overcast skies at sunset, the scenery is simply magical. So, as the trees come alive this season never hesitate to take someone up on a drive down an open country road.

Happy Fall!

HCXO

Lisa Mason is currently a Junior Marketing major with a minor in Management. She is a member of Activities Programming Board, Women in Business, Singers, and works as an Admissions Ambassador at Saint Vincent College. Since she has a passion for meeting and helping others; she hopes to use her field of Marketing to become a professor as well as become a Marketing Manager of a firm someday in a major city. You can find her enjoying time with her friends, drinking salted caramel cappuccinos, or blogging. Also, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to say that she is a Netflix, caffeine, and retail therapy enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: masonjar_17 and check out her blog at http://youngandtwenty.blogspot.com/.
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!