This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Of course we’re all excited to see the leaves change and embrace fall weather with cozy vests and cardigans, but wouldn’t you be happier if you could bring fall inside as well?! Try some of these festive dorm DIYs to get in the fall spirit! 

1. Door Decor 

Decorate the outside of your door to give your hall a cozy vibe! Some easy ways to do this include hanging a fall wreath, leaves, wrapping paper, or even a chalkboard to use year round! 

2. DIY Doormat 

Buy a plain doormat and write your own saying with paint! This DIY is easy to do and totally customizable. 

3. Mason Jars 

Mason jars can be used for almost any DIY! Fill a few up with fresh, fall bouquet or fake flowers to last all season! 

4. Painted Pumpkins 

Paint mini pumpkins with your roomies for a fun activity! If you do not have time to go to the pumpkin patch, check nearby grocery stores for cheap ones! 

5. Hang Leaves 

Add some leaves to your photo wall or just hang some from a stick that you can find outside! This is an affordable way to amp up your room decor! 

6. Wall garland 

Get some patterned paper that matches your dorm room or design your own! All you have to do is cut out triangles and hang them above your bed or desk! 

7. Phone Background 

Change the background on your phone or laptop to fit the season! Here is a free background that is super cute! 

8. Tie Blanket 

Make a fleece tie blanket with a cute plaid print. This would be another fun thing to do with friends or it makes a great gift for any fall birthdays! 

9. Paint a Canvas 

Go on Pinterest and look for fall canvas ideas to paint or get a group of girls to go to Painting with a Twist for a girls night out! 

10. Dream Catcher 

Make a minimalist dream catcher like this one and you will be dreaming of fall! 

Before fall comes to a close, try to squeeze in some of these super cute dorm DIYs! Your roomies will thank you. Plus, no one is going to tell if these decorations are up all year long. 

Happy Fall and HCXO, 

Marley

- Hi I'm Marley! - I love adventures, creating, photography, and anything outdoors! - Connect with me on Insta so we can heart each other! @marley.sue
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!