Emily Best, Future Occupational Therapist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Emily Best

Major: Psychology

Minor: Children’s studies and disabilities studies

Relationship Status: Taken

Hometown: North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

Year: Junior

Her Campus (HC): What is your major and why did you choose it?

Emily Best (EB): “I chose Psychology because I want to be an Occupational Therapist and I thought this would be the best route to take. I have always found it very rewarding helping people and I thought being an OT would fulfill my love for helping people in any way possible. I want to be able to help children with their everyday needs of holding a pencil and brushing their hair.”

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

EB: “I am treasurer of the Psychology Club, writer for Her Campus St. Vincent, a student athletic trainer, and orientation committee.”

HC: What is your favorite color?

EB: “Lavender.”

HC: Do you have any big plans for this summer?

EB: “YES! I am going the Beyoncé, Kenny Chesney, and Justin Bieber concerts and I am SO EXCITED!  I’m going to the Florida Keys with my family. And taking a summer class L. I also will be volunteering at the Children’s Institute helping children with their fine motor skills.”

HC: Why did you join Her Campus St. Vincent?

EB: “I wanted to help Kaura, duh! But I also wanted to work on my writing skills and I thought this would be a fun way to do it.”

HC: What is your favorite holiday?

EB: “I have too many favorite holidays. I like Christmas because everyone is with their family. I like Halloween because you get to dress up and have fun. I like July 4th because it’s summer and I love cookouts.”

HC: How would you describe your perfect date?

EB: “My perfect date would be to have homemade breakfast then go to the beach all day and end the day with a nice dinner with drinks and end the day with a moonlit walk on the beach. Or really just anything with my boyfriend, Charlie.”

HC:  Where is somewhere you want to travel to?

EB: “I would like to travel to Europe and Australia someday.”

HC: So I see you got your haircut. How much did you get cut off?

EB: “A whole foot! I have been growing my hair since my senior year of high school and I thought it was time to chop it off. I have been debating on cutting it for a while now and I was bummed because I wasn’t sure if I could donate it. I have gotten highlights before and most donation organizations do not accept dyed hair. But I ended up donating 12 inches and the feeling has never been more rewarding.”

HC: Why did you come to Saint Vincent College?

EB: “I thought it would be nice to be somewhat close to home and everyone was so nice when I visited. I knew it would make the perfect home for me.”

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

EB: “I am treasurer of the Psychology Club, writer for Her Campus St. Vincent, a student athletic trainer, and orientation committee.”

HC: What is your favorite memory at St. Vincent?

EB: “It would have to be meeting all of my friends. Shout out to Susie, Kayla, Julia, Cecelia, Jill, Kaura, Emily, Krista, Jazz, Sammy, Abby, and Mara!”

HC: What is your guilty pleasure song?

EB: “That’s a hard one. Definitely ‘Beauty and the Beat’ by Justin Bieber.”

HC: What is your favorite animal?

EB: “Elephant because I like they eat; it kills me every time.”

HC: Wine of choice?

EB: “Middle Sister because I am a middle sister. It just fits.”

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio