This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Saint Patrick’s Day is coming up and it wouldn’t actually be the holiday if you didn’t enjoy a shamrock shake!  You can make your own shamrock shake without having to leave your room, except when you go to Walmart to get the ingredients (even the peppermint extract).  And don’t worry, if you don’t have a blender, you can still make it! Follow these simple steps to make your own DIY shamrock shake:

Ingredients:

Whipped Cream

Cherries (for on top, of course!)

Green Food Coloring

Peppermint extract

Milk

Vanilla Ice Cream

For one Shamrock Shake:

1. Put 3 cups of vanilla ice cream into a blender
  2. Put 1 ¾ cups milk into blender
  3. Put ½ tsp peppermint extract into blender
  4. Put green food coloring in blender (as much as you’d like, but a couple drops will do)
  5. Blend it all together
  6. Add whipped cream and a cherry on top!

Don’t worry!! If you don’t have a blender, you can let your ice cream sit out until it becomes soft, and mix all of the ingredients together by hand.  It’s just as yummy!

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!