This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Happy DIII Week Bearcats!

For those of you who don’t know, April 1 through April 7 is recognized by the NCAA as Division III Week. According to the NCAA, this week is a “positive opportunity for all individuals associated with Division III to observe and celebrate the impact of athletics and of student-athletes on the campus and surrounding community.” The nationwide event has been in occurrence since 2010 and it is anticipated that 2019 will be the best year yet!

It is well-known that Saint Vincent College is proud to be a DIII institution. In total, SVC is home to 22 athletic teams. The recent addition of the men’s volleyball team made the number of men’s and women’s teams equal at 11 each. There are also three club sports: men’s ice hockey, cheerleading, and the equestrian team. No matter the sport, every student-athlete on campus reflects what it means to be a Bearcat in one way or another.

From lifting/conditioning at 7 a.m. to 6-hour long bus rides, being a collegiate athlete is not an easy task. It is a commitment that every participant is willing to make because of their love for the game, in whichever sport they may play. The thing that makes being a student-athlete so special is their aim for success in sports and the classroom. In the midst of all the workouts, practices and games, academics are always the top priority. Division III athletics give student-athletes the opportunity to play sports that they are passionate about while also engaging themselves in the classroom and around campus.

“I love playing at SVC because it allows me to focus on loving the game of basketball and having fun!”

-Madison Kollar, Junior, Women’s Basketball

HCXO,

Maria

Maria Claybaugh

St Vincent '22

saint vincent college class of 2022 communication major "conquer from within"