Danielle Seigneur: Chemistry and Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name:  Danielle Seigneur

Hometown:  Allison Park, PA

Year:  Senior

Major:  Chemistry with a minor in Graphic Design

Her Campus(HC): This week we’re focusing on another new member of our chapter! We are so excited to have Danielle on board with us! Can you tell us why you decided to become a member of Her Campus St Vincent?

Danielle Seigneur(DS):  I have friends that are a part of Her Campus that really like it and I thought it would be fun to join!  I never had time to join prior to this year due to a heavy course load, but I have an easy senior year with lots of free time. 

(HC): Your articles so far have been really creative so I’m excited to see how the rest of the year goes for you! What’s something that you really enjoy doing on campus?

(DS):  I come from a SUPER healthy family, so I like to go to the gym.  

(HC): Awesome! I’m really happy that I chose Saint Vincent, are you? What made you decide to be a Bearcat?

(DS): When looking at schools I knew that I wanted to do something with art and chemistry.  However, most colleges are either good in science or in art, not both.  Therefore, I mainly chose SVC because they have a strong chemistry department and also offer a variety of art classes.

(HC): SVC is definitely happy to have you here. What’s something that you want to see improved here? As much as we love it, we know there’s always something. 

(DS):  I wish the caf and shack had a wider variety of food.  After three years, you tend to get tired of the same food.  If the caf offered more fresh vegetables that would be great!

(HC): What do you think you’re going to do after you graduate? I know this question isn’t the best thing to ask someone but it might help out some of our viewers.

(DS):  Currently I have a better idea of what I don’t want to do after graduation, than what I do want to do.  I know that I do not want to go to grad school right away or to do research.  I would ideally like to obtain a job that combines chemistry and art.

(HC): We know you’ll do great! What’s something you’re looking forward to over Christmas Break?

(DS):  I am going to Europe for a study abroad program; there I will be taking an Art History class.  I will be going to France, Italy, and Greece, and I am especially excited to see all of the cool artwork and architecture.

(HC): Awesome! I’m definitely ready for some down-time to relax. Last but not least, describe to us your perfect Thanksgiving meal! I know I’m getting excited about all the food that I get to eat. 

(DS):  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and my favorite type of food.  I enjoy all of the great side dishes that my family makes, like butternut squash, green bean casserole, and homemade rolls.  I also really enjoy Thanksgiving because my birthday is usually on or around Thanksgiving, so I also get a “birthday pumpkin pie.”

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!