This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Catherine (Catie) Schollaert

Birthday: December 22nd, 1997

Major: Communication

Minor: Marketing

Class: Junior

1. What career do you want to pursue and why?

I would love to pursue something in advertising or sports communication. Working for Barstool Sports or any sports team is definitely right up my ally, just because I’ve turned sports from being a casual pastime to being able to analyze them. From learning from my parents and from my summer internship with the Pittsburgh Steelers, I’ve learned so much about the sports industry. I was so fortunate enough to meet and learn from such incredible people, such as Burt Lauten (Steelers’ Director of Communication) and the entire PR staff, to meeting multiple members of Pittsburgh and NFL media. It’s amazing how something you are so passionate about can present itself in a career!

2. How did SVC become your college home?

One day after school, my mom struck up a conversation with me about where I would like to go to college. The first college she suggested was Saint Vincent, and one Saturday morning in December, my parents and I made the trek up to Latrobe. From the moment I stepped out of the car, SVC felt like home. During the tour and listening to Dr. Quinlivan speak (I was going to be a marketing major), I immediately knew my education would be top-of-the-line. The people were so nice and genuine, which was something you typically wouldn’t find at a bigger school. And after visiting Point Park and Seton Hill, neither of them compared to SVC, and the rest is history.

3. What has been your favorite college memory?

There are so many! But, if I had to pick just one, it would be from my freshman year when the entire fifth floor of Benny (pods 5D, 5E, and 5F) would get together and play capture the flag. We would get a huge group together, split up in half, and go outside and play on the football fields. At night. Sometimes, we’d use the entire campus, and everyone would just be running all around trying to find the flag. It reminded me of childhood, but in a good way. It was like even though life changes and you grow up, you can still have those little moments that are reminiscent of the good ole’ days. So, as of right now, that has to be one of my favorite memories.

4. What is something that you like to do?

When I have spare time, I love to watch the Penguins and Steelers play, especially with my family. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, both from home and from school. When the opportunity presents itself, I love going on adventures (on and off campus), from going to the dog park at Twin Lakes to walking around campus talking about life with my friends. I also enjoy reading, writing, and making playlists. Watching TV shows and movies are another one of my favorite things to do… I just got into Game of Thrones recently and it is SO addicting – in a good way!

5. Tell me something about yourself that most people don’t know about you.

One thing people probably don’t know about me is that I went to PA Cyber School from 5th to 7th grade, and I started going to Plum High School in the 8th grade. It was definitely an interesting part of my life, and I’m grateful for having that experience.

HCXO,

Brianna

Brianna Scott

St Vincent '20

La vie est belle  Senior Accounting Major