Campus Celebrity: Samm Firestone – Prefect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Prefect Samm Firestone. Samm is a junior marketing major here at Saint Vincent, a second year prefect, and a second year captain on the women’s golf team. We asked Samm a few details on what its like being a prefect here on campus and the perks of the job. Hope you enjoy getting to know Samm!

Name: Samm Firestone

Hometown: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Birthday: November 2, 1994

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing

Sport: Golf

Right or left handed? : Right Handed

What’s your go to item at the shack? : Turkey and Pepperoni on Focaccia Bread

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose St. Vincent?

Samm Firestone (SF): “There are two reasons, the first I really love the bushes by the football field that say Saint Vincent and second I loved the science building because I came in as a biology major.”

HC: What’s your favorite thing about St. Vincent?

SF: “My favorite thing about St. Vincent is the Sunday evening masses, because they are more practical for a student schedule.”

HC: When and why did you decide you wanted to become a prefect?

SF:  “I decided I wanted to be a prefect during my freshman year, mainly because I enjoy knowing that people can rely on me when they have questions or need advice.”

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a prefect?

SF: “My favorite thing about being a prefect is knowing 46 other prefects to fist bump around campus.”

HC: What dorm are you a prefect in?

SF: “I am a prefect in Saint Benedict Hall, the freshman hall.”

HC: What is your freshman pods theme?

SF: “Tiki Time! (Hawaiian theme)”

HC: How did you come up with that theme?

SF: “I wanted something colorful and fun because that makes freshman happy and calm, and it’s comforting. You have to make the atmosphere feel like a home.”

HC: What are the perks of being a prefect?

SF: “1. Being able to recognize more people on campus 2. Having a 200 Meal Block Plan 3. Having access to all residence halls on campus”

HC: What’s your go to jam?

SF: “Blackberry blueberry, but if we were talking about a song I would say “On My Mind” by Ellie Goulding.”

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

SF: “The Real Housewives of New Jersey and HGTV.”

My name is Abbey Trusky from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently a Junior Marketing major at Saint Vincent College.
Emily Samara

St Vincent

My name is Emily Samara from born and raised in Maryland. I am a junior psychology major at Saint Vincent college. This is my 3rd season of collegiate volleyball and I love it! I grew up loving to write, short stories and poems and attempted to write books. I cannot wait to participate in Her Campus I think this is a really cool way to see what's new on your campus and other schools campuses!
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio