This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Our Campus Celebrity for this week is Joshua Robert Vasko and he is known for his success on campus in the Student Government Association (SGA). Joshua or Josh is a junior here at St. Vincent, majoring in bioinformatics, and is the current Vice President of the SGA. We asked Josh what motivated him to become a Bearcat and why he made SGA part of his experience here at St. Vincent. We hope you enjoy learning about Josh as much as we did!

Birthday: December 22, 1994

Pets: 4 dogs: Cash, June Carter, Steeler, and Nala

Favorite Color: Yellow

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose St. Vincent?

Josh Vasko (JV):  “It’s a hometown school and when I visited I saw the ability to make my dreams come true.”

HC: What’s your favorite aspect of St. Vincent?

JV: “The atmosphere and the people; Saint Vincent is a place where you’re truly embraced for being yourself.”

HC: Why did you choose to run for a position in SGA?

JV: “I wanted to make a difference. Also, I have an opportunity to learn more about others and myself through the work we do.”

HC: What are your goals for our student body?

JV: “It’s simple, to love one another in a way that would make our parents proud.”

HC: What politician do you admire?

JV: “Not really any right now, but if I had to choose one from the past, I would say Ghandi. He fought for what he believed in with something other than brute force.”

HC: What has SGA provided for the Fall 2015 Semester?

JV: “You have seen the new charging stations and easily accessible water bottle re-fillers. SGA and the Administration are working towards making campus a happier and healthier place – an example of this are the new designated smoking areas around campus.”

HC: Can you give us a sneak peek into the Spring 2016 Semester concerning SGA plans?

JV: “I can’t tell you that, but if you really want to know ask Peter Reiter.”

HC: What other activities are you involved in on campus?

JV: “I am a Bonaventure Hall prefect, the Men’s Basketball Manager, a CLP Facilitator for Computer Science, and a Service Learning Van Driver.”

HC: If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

JV: “I would be a dog because they’re loyal and make differences in peoples’ lives everyday.”

HC: What is your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

JV: Californication. Hank Moody is pretty tough and reminds me of my dad.”

HC: What’s your ideal date?

JV: “With my girlfriend, Alyssa Luther, cherishing time with our families. Family is very important to the both of us.

Emily Samara

St Vincent

My name is Emily Samara from born and raised in Maryland. I am a junior psychology major at Saint Vincent college. This is my 3rd season of collegiate volleyball and I love it! I grew up loving to write, short stories and poems and attempted to write books. I cannot wait to participate in Her Campus I think this is a really cool way to see what's new on your campus and other schools campuses!
My name is Abbey Trusky from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently a Junior Marketing major at Saint Vincent College.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio