Be as Picky With Your Friends as You are Your S/O’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

“You’re in a relationship to be happy, to smile, to laugh, and to make good memories. Not to be constantly upset, to feel hurt, and to cry. Choose the relationship that’s going to lead to growth within yourselves and your love for another.” 

I have some amazing friends and some not so much, but one is amazingly good at advice and someone I always go to for help. The other day she sent me the tweet quoted above. With it she said “even though I’m sure they are referring to a romantic relationship, I think the same things apply with friendships.” 

This made me think a little more deeply about the importance of a good friendship. Each and every friendship you have is just as important as the one romantic relationship you might have…so why not be just as picky?! 

You date someone that makes you happy when you are around them. Someone that makes time for you and keeps you a priority. Someone that always wants what is best for you and is genuinely happy when you receive good news. All these things should also be present in your friendships. 

Always remember that quality is better than quantity. Make sure the people you choose are positive aspects of your life! 

HCXO, 

Becca

Saint Vincent College 2020 // Accounting Major x Forensic Studies Minor  Hi there! I'm so glad you made it to my page! My name is Becca - I am apart of the writing and marketing team for Her Campus' Saint Vincent chapter. I love food, german shepherds and finding new places in nature to do yoga. I hope to travel from country to country someday and continue to empower women after graduating. "Always be kinder than you feel" Follow my insta - @beccaamaione to keep in touch!