Alyssa Turkovich

Name: Alyssa Turkovich 

Nickname: Turk

Hometown: Bedford, PA

Grade: Junior

Major: Integrated Science

1. Why did you choose SVC as your college home?

I initially chose Saint Vincent College because it was close to home. Very few people from my high school attended this college, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to start fresh. I intended to play softball, meet new people, and exit my comfort zone. I transferred out the end of freshman year, but decided to come back because this place became my home away from home (that is a whole other story, ha!).

2. What are some things you do on campus/ hobbies?

I like to stay busy by being apart of SGA, Her Campus, work-study positions & going to the gym. I love hanging out with my beautiful friends, especially when coffee is involved! I stay active by going to the gym. I joined the Women's Soccer team as well to keep me in shape.

3. What’s your favorite memory at SVC?

Favorite memory ... Homecoming 2017. Even though some of those people were temporary, it was still one of the greatest memories I am able to take away from this place.

4. Who is your role model?

My role model ... definitely my parents. They have to manage four dramatic daughters and I have no idea how they do it! They have shaped me into who I am today. I owe them the world.

5. Tell us something interesting about yourself that most people don't know.

Most people don't know that I joined the band in 8th grade to play the triangle. I was the mascot my sophomore year in high school, the mighty bison (yikes!). I also played guitar in high school which I would love to start playing again!

6. What are your future plans for after graduation?

After graduation I wish to pursue a career in Public Health. I want to research, exploit and diminish health epidemics that occur throughout different communities by writing articles, health journals, ads, etc. (:

Thank you, Alyssa! 

HCXO,

Bri