Alison Boyer

Name: Alison Boyer

Major: Integrated Science- Allied Health

Minor: Public Health

Year: Junior

Hometown: Jefferson, MD

Birthday: September 4th

HC (HerCampus): What are you involved with on campus? Sports? Clubs?

AB (Alison Boyer): I am not involved in sports here on campus, but I am involved in many of the clubs! I am the president of The Company, the treasurer of the SVC Technical Theatre Club, and a member of Tri-Beta Society, The SVC Players, The SVC Radio Club, The SVC Swing Dance Club, and the Public Health Club. In other words, I am very busy!

HC: What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

AB: Hanging out with friends, especially on weekend movie nights!

HC: What is your favorite memory from SVC?

AB: Making new friends! I’ve always been shy and it was hard in freshman year to make a lot of new friends, but last year, as a sophomore, I think I really came into my own and became friends with some amazing people that I know will be in my life for a long time.

HC: Why did you choose your major and what would you like to do after graduation?

AB: Once I get my bachelor’s degree, I would like to go on to graduate school, specifically PA school, to become a physician assistant. I have always been interested in the medical field, so I knew since graduating high school that I would be a science major.

HC: What is an interesting fact about you?

AB: I have visited 35 of the 50 states in the United States. Most of this has been achieved through road trips with my family. I would like to reach all 50 states at some point in my life!

HC: So, we know you do theatre, but what is your favorite show?

AB: My all-time favorite Broadway show is Wicked, but I have many other favorites, which I could talk about all day. My favorite show that I have been in is Anything Goes, but I know this answer will change once I do Beauty & the Beast in the spring!

HC: If you could meet any celebrity who would it would be and why?

AB: I would probably want to meet Ed Sheeran. Some of his songs are so meaningful to me and his music has helped me through some hard times, and I would just love to tell him that, and to see him perform.

HC: Any advice for anyone new to theatre?

AB: Don’t stress about being good at it or getting a lead role. Just perform to have fun!