photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Add These 5 Things to your Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

With the end of the semester just around the corner, summer break is on its way too. So, are you tired of sitting on your couch binge watching Netflix all summer? Want something fun to do with your friends? Here’s five great activities to do this summer!

1. Go camping

Camping is a great way to hang out with friends, take a step back from technology, and make some great memories!

2. Take a trip to an amusement park!

I mean amusement is in the name of the place so where could you go wrong? Amusement parks offer hours of entertainment with food, games, and plenty of rides for everybody

3. Go on an adventure

Explore a local state park, get lost in the woods somewhere, or maybe tour places in your hometown that you’ve never been too. Just whatever you decide to do, go with the flow and enjoy the sense of adventure.

4. Visit a museum/ historical place

Whether it’s an out of state trip to the Statue of Liberty or just a local museum in a city close by, visiting these places allows you to reminiscence about the past and reflect back on it.

5. Go on a roadtrip

Round up your best girl or guy friends and drive to somewhere you’ve always wanted to go. Whether it’s a just to get away for a few hours or even to get away for a few days. You’ll make memories that will last a life time. 

So, if you’re sick of spending your summer inside on the couch, maybe use one, or all, of these ideas to create a summer you won’t forget and memories that will stay with you forever.

Casey Kalp

St Vincent

Hi! I'm Casey Kalp, I'm an Integrated Science major with a dual minor in Psychology and Children's Studies at Saint Vincent College. I am apart of Alpha Phi Omega, Alpha Lambda Delta, SVC Orientation Team, Activities Programming Board, and I am also a Fred Roger's Scholar. I will be entering my sophomore year in the Fall of 2017 and plan on graduating from Saint Vincent in the year 2020. After that I will attend to Physical Therapy School where I will reach my ultimate career goal of becoming a pediatric physical therapist. In my free time I enjoy singing, writing, reading, and hanging out with friends. 
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!