It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Most people have strong feelings towards this holiday; either they love it or they hate it. There is something fun about walking down Walmart aisles filled with cute teddy bears, heart shaped boxes of chocolate, and cheesy cards. But these are just symbols of what this holiday is truly about: reminding friends, family, significant others, teachers, etc. about how much you love and appreciate them!
Image Credit: Pinterest | Shay Cochrane
However, there is one person that you might be forgetting to send a valentine to this year: you! Okay, I know what you’re thinking: Wow that’s sad… But it’s not! And if you’re still not convinced, let me prove it to you:
1. If you can’t love yourself, how can you love someone else? Reflect on at least one quality you truly love about yourself and be confident in it!
2. You should be confident in your body. Think about one thing you wish you could change about your body, then reflect on how you could change this negativity into positivity.
3. It’s fun to pamper yourself—either by yourself or with others! Treat yourself to something you really love—whether it be a massage, getting your nails done, a facial, a haircut, or simply a DIY spa night!
4. Only you know what you really want for Valentine’s Day… Splurge (a little or a lot) on a present for yourself!
5. Chocolate tastes good no matter what your relationship status is. Even if you don’t like chocolate, indulge yourself in your favorite food or drink!
6. You deserve it. Every person has a battle to fight, but some days it’s okay to put the armor down and rest for a while.
7. Self-love is not selfish. Repeat this to yourself until you believe it.
Image Credit: Pinterest
Celebrate the ones you love this Valentine’s Day, including yourself!