element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Favorite Christmas Songs Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Christmas is by far the most WONDERFUL time of the year. From the snow to the Christmas decorations everywhere, one can’t help but feel jolly and full of glee. Every street corner seems to have something magical to offer during the holiday season. People are more cheerful and kind, the anticipation of snowy days far and wide, and the excitement of what Santa will bring you this year is all around. Of course, it wouldn’t feel quite like Christmas without Christmas music everywhere. I LOVE Christmas songs. I usually start listening around mid-November on full blast until Christmas morning (yes, I’m one of the people who skip over the Thanksgiving holiday in my excitement for Christmas, sorry). Listed ahead, in my Christmas expertise, are my 12 favorite Christmas songs ranked:

Image Credit: Pinterest

#12 The Twelve Days of Christmas

Of course, this upbeat song has to take spot #12. But if my true love gives me a partridge in a pear tree or nine ladies dancing, I won’t really know what to say. Thanks, I guess?

#11 Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Now that it’s the Christmas season, my troubles will be miles away.

#10 Here Comes Santa Claus

So… does Santa Claus Lane exist? Because if so, I’m on the next flight out of here (no final exams for me, I’ll be frolicking with Santa Claus, Vixen, and Blitzen).

Image Credit: The Atlantic

#9 You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

What a masterpiece. I mean who else is able to rhyme “Stink, stank, stunk” with “full of gunk.” Of course, my favorite part of this song is the seasick crocodile.

Image Credit: We Heart It

#8 Sleigh Ride

I can’t wait to hear the jingle-ing, ring-ting, tingle-ing too as my friends are calling yoo hoo.

#7 Winter Wonderland

When it snows, it’s thrilling, as your nose gets a chilling. And the snow will glisten as I’m stuck inside studying for finals.

Image Credit: Love This Pic

#6 I’ll be home for Christmas

It’s almost a requirement to sing along to this song when it comes on, even if only in my dreams.

#5 Santa Baby

I, too, would like a ’54 convertible in light blue.

#4 O Holy Night

This serene song makes me want to fall asleep next to the Christmas tree and fireplace, peaceful, as Nat Cole sings me to sleep. It reminds me of the reason I love the season, O night when Christ was born, O night divine.

#3 Baby It’s Cold Outside

Okay, this classic duet is wonderful. I always try to sing both parts, but that usually doesn’t work out great. So, when it starts getting cold outside, baby, just grab half a drink more and put some records on while you pour.

#2 All I want for Christmas is You

Yes, I know most people would put this song as their #1 choice (hello, Mariah Carey kills those high notes!) because it really has become a Christmas classic. I hope my wish comes true because all I want is you.

Honorable mentions: Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Oh Come Emmanuel, Silent Night It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

#1 Carol of the Bells

Ding dong ding dong, that is their song with joyful ring all caroling. Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas! This has been my favorite Christmas song since I was a little girl. I could never understand how they were able to sing it so quickly and synchronize so well.

BRB, about to go make the best Christmas Spotify playlist ever (approximately 7 hours long). I hope you enjoyed this Christmas song list! Enjoy the magic of the Christmas season!

HCXO and Merry Christmas,

Norina

Luke 2:11 – Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord.

Hello! My name is Norina Haefelin and I am a psychology and biology student at Saint Vincent College. I love adventures, travelling, and trying new and exotic foods. In my spare time, I like photography and art, cooking, and hiking. Though I am new to Her Campus, I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful community!