Why I am still obsessed with Hamilton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Ok so I know a lot of people are starting to find the Hami-craze to be dying down, but let me tell you why I am still invested in it. First off, the songs are so unbelievably catchy! I’ve fallen more and more in love with them as time goes on, and i continuously find more things to love about them, from the parallel structure of the switching roles for characters that are somewhat foils to Hamilton, or at least their relationships are foils for each other. The depth of the musical is all up to the consumer, which is awesome, because you can take it at face value which is pretty nice, you get to learn about history and about american politics. I however have spent far too much time looking into the melodies and harmonies along with the lyrical genius. By doing more digging you analyze the depths of the lyrics, finding out the analytical side of Hamilton. As a book nerd this is where I flourish. 

It’s a take it or leave it musical, and as someone who loves falling in love with literature and the world of words, this is my favorite musical because everything is what you make of it in Hamilton, and thats why I’m still intrigued by Hamilton, 100%. 

passionate about equality, feminism, music and pop culture. a bit of a makeup girl and an avid user of all lowercase letters