burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Thrifty Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello fashionistas!

As frugal and fashionable collegiates, I know you want to spend as little money as possible when shopping for that perfect skirt, top, dress… you name it! I’m here to help expose you to a few inexpensive and stylish fashion websites that you might not have heard about before! Take a peek and shop on! 

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh is a Canadian apparel company founded in 2006. They strive to offer their customers the highest quality “on-trend” fashion pieces at extremely affordable prices. Each piece at Joe Fresh is, to put it plainly, fresh! Each silhouette is perfectly basic, the colors are bright and clean and the prices will keep you happy. Every piece is classic, yet on trend. Joe Fresh has stores around the U.S. but their online store is easy to navigate and exciting to explore. Many of their items fall below $60, with even more items falling below $30. Give Joe Fresh a peek by exploring their website! 

Brandy Melville

Brandy Melville is another awesome website to explore. Brandy Melville also has stores around the country, but their website offers a great view into all of their merchandise. They have the perfect basics with an added edginess to some of their pieces. The vibe of Brandy Melville is laid-back, cool and timeless. Their merchandise ranges from basic tops to feminine dresses. They also have a surplus of graphic tees and accessories to check out. Another cool part of Brandy Melville items is that they do not have different sizes for many of their items! You may think that’s crazy, but it works surprisingly well! This just goes to show how the materials and fits they choose require a lot of attention! Check out the Brandy Melville website to see what they’re all about!

ASOS

Another place to check out for inexpensive and fashionable items is ASOS. ASOS is one of the UK’s largest online fashion stores. They sell many different designer brands and also their own ASOS brand. Some of these well-known brands include American Apparel, Mango and BCBGeneration. The ASOS brand was founded in 2000 and has been extremely successful ever since. ASOS provides shoppers with affordable and stylish wardrobe pieces. They have everything from jeans, dresses, accessories, tanks and hoodies to rompers, lingerie, swimwear and socks. If you are looking for designer brands at lower prices, be sure to check out ASOS.

As college students, we don’t want to spend money when we don’t have to. Take advantage of these inexpensive online deals when you are craving a little shopping therapy! As an extra benefit, you can expect a package slip in your PO within a few days! So fashionistas, be frugal and fashionable at the same time by exploring these online shopping websites! Enjoy!

Stay fashionable, Oles!

Cover, Joe Fresh Logo, Brandy Melville Logo, ASOS Logo

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.