Taylor Mathiason ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Taylor Mathiason

Year of graduation: 2014

Major/concentration: Spanish and Chemistry 

Relationship status: Single

Favorite place to study: 5th floor library 

Favorite food: Spaghetti 

Favorite movie: Happy Gilmore or Top Gun

Hobbies: Riding my bike, cooking, listening to music, hanging out

What’s your favorite part of being on the cycling team?: I really enjoy racing, but my favorite part would be riding with friends and enjoying the day/scenery. 

Favorite sports team?: The Green Bay Packers 

What is the best concert you’ve ever been to and why?:  The best concert I have ever been to was The Red Hot Chili Peppers at Lollapalooza two years ago. The Chili Peppers are my favorite band and I was lucky enough to be front row. 

If you were to describe yourself as an animal, which would you be and why?:  A monkey. I like to be with others, I’m social, playful with some attitude and active even when there is down time. 

Describe yourself in one word: Genuine

Call or text?: Text

What is your ideal date?: My ideal date would be a nice dinner at a restaurant or cooked by me, a good “beverage” and great conversation. 

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… I can make her smile

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know?: Keep killin’ it! You girls are all beautiful, don’t be afraid to flaunt it. 

All photos provided by Taylor Mathiason

Maggie is a junior at St. Olaf, currently majoring in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a concentration in media studies.  She runs for the St. Olaf cross-country and track teams, writes for the school newspaper, and tries to do her homework in the downtime. Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, biking, skiing, and swimming.  She's excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!  Um Ya Ya!