This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Summer is just around the corner, and sos are some amazing movies! Here are the ones that I know I will be planning to see in theatres:

Me Before You (June 3rd)

I’m very excited to see this one. First of all because I always love a good romance movie, and also because Sam Claflin (aka Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games) looks amazing in it. I do hope I can read the book before I see the movie, because I heard that’s really good too.

Now You See Me 2 (June 10)

The first movie definitely fooled me, and it looks that will definitely happen again.

Finding Dory (June 17th)

What’s really interesting about this movie is that Dory is focused on finding herself and who she is, especially as she deals with her short term memory loss. Also it’s been 13 years since Nemo was found, so it’s about time.

The Shallows (June 29th)

Not quite sure how this movie will be, but it’s Blake Lively. So.

The BFG (July 1st)

A movie directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the book by Roald Dahl that I grew up loving.

Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates (July 8)

Two crazy brothers are asked to bring dates to their sister’s wedding. And of course, things don’t go as planned. Also, it stars Zac Efron, Adam Devine and Anna Kendrick.

The Secret Life of Pets (July 8th)

The humans behind Despicable Me want to know what your pets do all day. It would be amazing if some of these situations were accurate.

So take a study break and start making plans about when and who you’ll see these movies with, because it’s never too early to start planning!

Xoxo,

Bridget

cover photo