This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Even though Northfield is currently in a cold spell (what is up with this single-digit degree weather?) I can’t help but think ahead to spring and all that it offers. I like winter and the snow it brings, but the end of February and the beginning of March is usually the time when I start to get sick of it being so cold outside. I can’t wait for the snow to melt, the buds on the trees to pop, and the grass to be green again.

Hopefully you feel the same way, because this week’s Sto-Style is all about the colors of spring! Pantone, the color authority, recently named its top ten colors of spring. They are:

All these colors remind me of the good things about spring, like flowers, green grass, blue sky and warm breezes. My favorite is African violet because I love purple and it reminds me of the flowers my grandma grows in her garden. To inject a little spring into your wardrobe, grab one of the pieces below!

Emerald: $78baublebar.com, Grayed Jade: $55madewell.com, Monaco Blue: $69saksfifthavenue.co, Dusk Blue: $89ninewest.com, Tender Shoots: $53ekseption.es, Linen: $104theoutnet.com, African Violet: $70madewell.com, Nectarine: $190sassandbide.com, Poppy Red: $198ellamoss.com, Lemon Zest: $348jcrew.com

Wear neutrals with one of these colors for emphasis, or if you’re feeling colorful pair them with each other! The combinations I like are: Tender Shoots, Lemon Zest, and African Violet; Emerald, Grayed Jade, and Monaco Blue; and Dusk Blue, Poppy Red, and Lemon Zest.

Hopefully the snow starts to melt soon – until then, I’ll be sporting Pantone’s ten colors of spring and wishing for warmer temperatures!

Stay warm and stay fashionable, St. Olaf!

*First image from Pantone, styleboard from Polyvore

Katie is a recent graduate (and proud alum - UM YA YA!) of St. Olaf College, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. A true Minnesota girl through and through, Katie was formerly a fashion blogger and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus St. Olaf College before becoming a contributing writer for the national site. She currently works as a marketing assistant and is interested in further pursuing a career in marketing, PR, journalism, editing...(she has no idea, if you can't tell). Katie is passionate about traveling and wants to stamp up her passport as much as possible. Katie enjoys social media, blogs, Speculoos cookie butter, dressing for success, fashion magazines and extensively quoting pop culture in social situations (especially 30 Rock). Her one party trick is knowing all the words to "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino.   
Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.