This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Sam Kuss

Year of graduation: 2016

Major/concentration: Psychology

Relationship status: Single

Favorite place to study: Anywhere with friends or with a nice view.

Favorite food: Anything my mom makes is by far my favorite, but otherwise I’d take a delicious beef enchilada with some hot salsa!

Favorite movie: The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings

Hobbies: Singing, reading, hanging out with friends, making new friends, playing football, weight lifting, running, intramural sports, and driving/fixing motorcycles.

Who would you consider to be your role model and why?: My father has always been my role model. He has never given up on his dreams or ever let somebody tell him he couldn’t do something. He is an incredible father and husband who cares for his family with an undying love. Everyday he challenges himself to be thankful for what he has and to make a positive impact on at least one person’s life.

If you had to choose one food to eat everyday for the rest of your life, which food would you choose and why?: Crunchy peanut butter, I already practically eat it everyday. I mean, it’s delicious and nutritious!

Where would you most like to travel in the world?: I’d love to travel around Europe with a bunch of my friends. Except the trip can’t be planned. We just pack our bags, buy some plane tickets, and then let the journey unfold for itself.

Describe yourself in one word: Passionate

Call or text?: I’d much rather talk face-to-face with someone than have to call or text. Texting and calling are nice to have but you can’t truly understand someone unless you’re talking to them in person.

What is your ideal date?: On a beautiful summer day, we would go to the beach and enjoy a nice picnic lunch before we build sand castles and play in the water. Then we would get some ice-cream and enjoy it while laying on a grassy hill watching the clouds float by. After letting our imaginations wander, we would go for a nice walk or bike ride and make each other laugh and smile the entire time. We would then eat at her favorite restaurant and I wouldn’t spill on myself for once. Finally, that night the stars would light up the sky and we’d stare up at them until we became tired and then we’d snuggle up and watch a movie.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she loves the way she looks and doesn’t let anyone else tell her differently. Also, I think a girl’s smile is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know?: Every single one of you ladies are perfect just the way God made you so don’t let anyone else’s opinion change that. All of you are going to do spectacular things with your lives, so don’t stress out so much about the future and live today to the fullest. If you see me around, feel free to say hi and tell me your name!

All photos provided by Sam Kuss’ Facebook account, with permission

Maggie is a junior at St. Olaf, currently majoring in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a concentration in media studies.  She runs for the St. Olaf cross-country and track teams, writes for the school newspaper, and tries to do her homework in the downtime. Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, biking, skiing, and swimming.  She's excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!  Um Ya Ya!