yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Perfect Pieces for Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hey Oles! Welcome back! The school year has finally returned and that means fall is on its way. As you know, fashion trends change with the season – and this season is something to look forward to! We’ve seen the return of classics on the runway, but also bold new looks. Here are some clothing items you should keep an eye out for this fall!

Plaid

Plaid is a pattern that never grows old, but this year it is in high demand. You can wear a scarf, skirt, or a classic flannel – anything works! Use the pattern as either an accent piece or allow it to steal the show, but be sure to keep the rest of your outfit toned down so your plaid can do the talking.

High Waist

This summer highwaisted anything has been a must-have. From skirts to shorts to jeans, you could find shelves stocked with the look. And if you invested in the trend, you’re in luck! The high waist look is continuing into the fall. So keep those pieces in your closet and pair them with a loose shirt for the day or a crop top for the night!

Short Skirts

Mini skirts are back! But rather than a retro 2000’s look, these skirts have been updated to match the century (we keep things classier here in 2015). So as to not show too much skin (especially considering the colder weather) feel free to wear either a jacket or some tights. This way, the focus stays on those amazing legs of yours.

One Shoulder

The one shoulder look has returned, and it’s better than ever. The bare shoulder is seen on the runway with longer dresses, which helps to keep the trend a little more posh. Instead of just a bare shoulder, some of the dresses rock only one sleeve. It’s the perfect twist to a classic outfit.

Look good, feel good! Now that you have some cute outfit ideas for fall, you can take this school year head-on. Nothing can stop you when you are confident in a mini skirt! You can even mix and match the trends: a plaid shirt with highwaisted shorts, for example. Just keep be sure to these ideas in mind when you head for your closet this season.

Stay fashionable!

Xoxo,

Emily

Cover Plaid High Waist Short Skirts One Shoulder