People of St. Olaf: Nick Anderson ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Photo courtesy of Nick Anderson(pictured above)

Year: Sophomore, Class of 2020

Major: Math (Education)

If you could travel anywhere where would you go?: Germany

Describe your overall experience at St. Olaf: I enjoy the community atmosphere present here. It feels like we are one big family.

Apple cider or hot chocolate?: Apple cider

Pumpkin pie or apple pie?: Pumpkin pie

Are you involved in any clubs at St. Olaf? If so, which ones?: Yes, Norseman Band and Horn Club.

What is your favorite past time activity?: Listening to music or hanging out with friends.

What is some advice you have for college freshman or prospective students?: Don’t be afraid to try new things, because the best learning takes place when we are outside our comfort zones.

Favorite class taken at St. Olaf so far: Religion 121, my class studied the Bible through the lens of Judaism and I learned a lot from the course.

What do you look forward to after attaining a college degree?: I look forward to teaching other students about subjects I’m passionate about.

Favorite quote: Expectations are resentments waiting to happen. -Macklemore

Food that you absolutely can’t stand: Olives

Favorite season: Winter

Favorite activity to do with friends: Playing Mario Kart

Favorite throwback memory to high school: Going abroad to Germany.

How has the Hill helped you further a passion in your life?: Being at St. Olaf opened many doors for me to truly find my interests.

Is there anything at St. Olaf that you look forward to pursuing more?: I am looking forward to pursuing more experience and knowledge in the field of education.

How has St. Olaf helped you develop your future plans?: Since I want to become a teacher, St. Olaf not only provides a strong education program, but also interacting with and observing the faculty in all disciplines gives me insight into many effective educational practices which I will be able to apply in my own classroom someday.

Photo courtesy of Nick Anderson(pictured above on the left)