New CherryBerry Frozen Yogurt Is A Cool Treat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Opening just last week, CherryBerry Frozen Yogurt is a delicious and creative addition to Northfield’s selection of eateries. Located at 400 5th Street W., right next to Caribou Coffee and Subway, Northfield’s CherryBerry is one in a chain of many with locations across the country, advertising its yogurt as “The Best on the Planet.” Wiith health benefits and less calories than other frozen treats, frozen yogurt is a yummy alternative and a new option to try off-campus.

This weekend, after hearing rave reviews from many St. Olaf students, I ventured down to CherryBerry – just a 30 minute walk from the Hill and also easily reachable by bike, bus or car. Walking in on a Saturday afternoon, CherryBerry was filled with people of all ages, filling their cups with yogurt and toppings and sitting in the brightly colored lounge area.

I was impressed by the diversity of the dozen or so yogurt flavors available including Cake Batter, Pumpkin Pie, Cookies and Cream, Salted Pretzel, Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate. CherryBerry offers tiny tasting cups, so I proceeded to try all the different flavors. Each flavor was really delicious, and the texture of the yogurt was icy and stiff, the perfect consistency.

After I filled my cup with a variety of flavors, I moved on to the toppings which ranged from candy pieces to fruit chunks to cereal bits. Everything looked fresh and the employees kept the shop very clean and bright. After I filled up my cup with lots of toppings (they also have chocolate sauce and whipped cream to top off your yogurt with), I weighed my cup and paid reasonably according to weight. Then I headed to the lounge which is a great space to enjoy my frozen yogurt in, with lots of couches, tables, chairs and a large TV.

CherryBerry is sure to become an instant hit with St. Olaf students because of its tasty yogurt, plethora of toppings and its proximity to campus. According to CherryBerry employees, the shop has been very busy, especially in the late afternoons and evenings when students are out of school, so its presence is definitely known by many on campus already.

Although frozen yogurt may not be the most popular choice when the cold Minnesota winters set in, one can always stay inside the cheerful shop, enjoy their yogurt and know that at least it won’t melt outside! 

CherryBerry is located at 400 5th Street W, Suite B, Northfield, MN and is open 11am-9pm Sun-Thurs, and 11am-10pm Fri-Sat.

*Photos by Kira Reinke

Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com